This very special recipe, if I may say, is one heirloom recipe I learned from my grandmother when I was only 12 years old. I remember vividly all the ingredients my lola has included in this recipe except for one special ingredient which I didn’t include in this video. It is one of the secret of the family which I intend to keep only for the family.
- 1/2 kg of chicken breast
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced or chopped
- 4pcs Vienna Sausage
- 2pcs Chorizo De Bilbao
- 2pcs medium bellpepper
- 1pc medium carrot
- 2pcs medium potatoes
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 2tbsp pickle relish
- 1pc Knorr Chicken cube
- 1 big can evaporated filled or cream milk
- 2 cups water
- 2tbsp cooking oil
- In a hot cooking pan, pour the cooking oil. Saute garlic and onion. Put the chicken breast afterwards and simmer for awhile or until the juice comes out from the chicken.
- Add the fish sauce, ground bellpepper and Knorr Chicken cube. Cover again for another 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, Chorizo De Bilbao and pickle relish. Stir gently and simmer again for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Pour in the water and simmer for 3 minutes until both chicken and the potatoes are tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients: carrots, bellpeppers and vienna sausage. Simmer again for another 3 minutes so all ingredients’ flavors will blend in.
- When the sauce has reduced to its right amount, add the evaporated filled milk. You can put as option grated cheese and All-purpose cream for added taste. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Chicken Pastel is ready for serving.
#chickenpastel #KnorrChickenCube #KnorrSeasoning #Alaska #AlaskaEvaporatedMilk
Wise Si Mommy Chicken Pastel is now ready for watching. Here’s the link in our YouTube Channel 👇