Pork Nilaga is always the best home-cooked meal to go home to for every Filipino family especially during weekends. A family reunion-feels every time this dish is served at the table. This dish is also one of my kid’s favorite dish from me. I never fail to put on a smile into their faces every after a Nilaga meal. We love our nilaga with lots of vegetables in it. They just blend in with the taste of the pork broth.
- 1 1/2 kilo of pork butu-buto (options: pork ribs, pork belly)
- 1 tbsp whole grain peppercorns
- 1 tbsp of rock salt
- 1 liter of water
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2-3 potatoes sliced in big sizes
- 2pcs Knorr pork cubes
- 3pcs banana saba, cut in half
- 7-8 pieces of snap beans, remove the tips & cut in half
- 1 small cabbage, cut in even bite sizes
- 1-2 bundles of pechay, cut the bottom part and ensure leaves are washed
- In a casserole, put 1 and 1/2 kilo of pork meat & bones. Make sure meat is washed and drained. Add 1 tablespoon of whole grain of peppercorns, add 1 tablespoon of rock salt and add 1 liter of water. You may add additional water during the cooking process if needed.
- Put to boil for 45 minutes to 1 hour on medium heat.
While in boiling process, prepare the following ingredients:
- During the boiling process, slice 2 medium onions.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into big slices.
- Peel the banana saba and cut into half.
- Sliced 1 medium corn into bite pieces.
- Remove the tips of the snap beans and cut into half.
- Small cabbage, washed and cut into small bites sizes
- Cut off bottom part of the pechay leaves, make sure they are all washed
The rest of the procedures:
- Set aside the vegetables
- Skim off all foamy pork dirt from the soup
- When the meat is tender, put the onions
- Put the corn next & pour in the fish sauce or patis
- Add the Knorr pork cubes and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the potatoes and simmer again for 5 more minutes or until the potatoes are tender
- Add the snap beans and the banana saba and wait for another 5 minutes
- Add the cabbage and the pechay leaves. Simmer untill all vegetables are cooked.
- Ready to serve.
Watch our YouTube video now of our Wise Si Mommy’s Pork Nilaga version.
#porknilaga #homecookedmeals #pinoymeals #easypinoyrecipes #knorrph #knorrporkcube #Filipinodishes #PinoyPorkNilaga
Here’s the link: